Chapter 10: The Statement of Allah: “Say: He is Al Qaadir”. (Al An’aam 6:65)
Today we covered:
• The All Encompassing Ability of Allaah
• Allaah is The Turner of the hearts
Explanation by Shaykh ibn Uthaymeen:
• The meaning of Allah’s name القَادِر Al Qaadir (The one with ability/all capable)
o Allah is all capable of every affair.
o There is nothing that can take away from the power and ability of Allah.
– Narrated Jabir bin Abdullah: As-Salami: Allah’s Apostle used to teach his companions to perform the prayer of Istikhara for each and every matter just as he used to teach them the Suras from the Quran He used to say, “If anyone of you intends to do something, he should offer a two rakat prayer other than the compulsory prayers, and after finishing it, he should say: O Allah! I consult You, for You have all knowledge, and appeal to You to support me with Your Power and ask for Your Bounty, for You are able to do things while I am not, and You know while I do not; and You are the Knower of the Unseen. O Allah If You know It this matter (name your matter) is good for me both at present and in the future, (or in my religion), in my this life and in the Hereafter, then fulfill it for me and make it easy for me, and then bestow Your Blessings on me in that matter. O Allah! If You know that this matter is not good for me in my religion, in my this life and in my coming Hereafter (or at present or in the future), then divert me from it and choose for me what is good wherever it may be, and make me be pleased with it.” (See Hadith No. 391, Vol. 8)
• The importance and meaning of the Istakhaara du’aa
o The signs to look out for after the Istakhaara
o The ruling on making Istakhaara on matters of the deen
Chapter 11: The Turner of the hearts and The Statement of Allaah, the Most High:
“And We shall turn their hearts and their eyes away (from guidance)”
• Allah – the one who turns and changes the hearts of the people
o The explanation of how we are unable to guide and change the hearts of the ones you love.
o How Shaytaan comes to the person in their final moments.
o The explanation of the Jewish boy on his deathbed
o The du’aa of Prophet Ibrahim
Hadeeth No. 2
– Narrated ‘Abdullah: The Prophet frequently used to swear, “No, by the One Who turns the hearts.”
Next week: We will move onto the topic of the number of Names of Allaah, and are there only 99?
Benefit: To gain further understanding when we discuss the chains, follow our “Bayqooniyyah in the Sciences of Hadith” lessons on LearnAboutIslam: www.learnaboutislam.co.uk/2016/01/18/a…bayqooniyah/
The English translation of the hadiths and all the audio are available on: www.learnaboutislam.co.uk/bukhari
Recorded at the Salafi Centre of Manchester on 18/03/17 and streamed live on www.SunnahRadio.Net