This is the second series of the Book of Sunnah of Sunan Abi Dawood, using the explanation of Shaykh Ubayd and Shaykh Ahmed an-Najmee ready by Ustaadh Abdulhakim Mitchell
Lesson 5 – Studying the book of Sunnah from Sunan Abi Dawood
In this lesson Ustaadh Abdulhakim brings benefits from a wide variety of scholars such as Shaykh Ubayd, Shaykh Ahmed an-Najmee, Shaykh Saalih al-Fawzaan, Shaykh Zayd al-Madkhalee and others
- That asking too many questions is disliked by Allah, ie
- Asking to the extent that the questions are no longer beneficial
- Asking for the wealth of the people
- In the same hadith, other disliked matters are, “he said, she said” and to waste wealth.
- The rebuke to the ones who asks unnecessary questions
Ustaadh Abdulhakim Mitchell mentions a number of benefits regarding:
- The mannerisms of the student of knowledge with himself
- The mannerisms of the student of knowledge with his Shaykh
- The mannerisms of the student of knowledge with this fellow students
Shaykh Fawzaan – acting upon knowledge is from the characteristics of a da’ee. For indeed, he should benefit from that which knows and calls to. He should not be a means for those who oppose his dawah, to use him as a proof as to why they reject the truth.
Recorded at the Salafi Centre of Manchester on 25/08/2019 and streamed live on www.SunnahRadio.Net