Today’s lesson was largely a recap of last week’s lesson. It included a discussion of:
The 4 prohibitions as it relates to the Names and Attributes of Allaah Azza Wa Jal, they are:
- “Ta’teel” – To reject the Names and Attributes
- “Tahreef” – To distort the meanings of the Names and Attributes
- “Takyeef” – To give descriptions to the Names and Attributes
- “Tamtheel” – To liken the Names and Attributes to creation
This is as is mentioned in the beginning of Shaykh Al Islaam Ibn Taymiyyah’s treatise – “Al Aqeedatul Waasitiyyah”.
For further details on these issues refer back to last week’s lesson.
In addition, Ustadh Abu Muadh gave us some principles to be used when dealing with the People of Innovation, for example:
- It is not upon you to give proof for the default meaning of a name or attribute. (The Hand of Allaah is the Hand of Allaah, you do not need to give proof for this meaning as it is the origin!)
- Ask them for any of the salaf who understood the Names and Attributes in the way they are trying to explain them.
He rounded up the lecture by reminding the brothers and sisters about the virtues of the first 10 days of Dhul Hijjah as well as some rulings related to it.
Benefit: To gain further understanding when we discuss the chains, follow our “Bayqooniyyah in the Sciences of Hadith” lessons on LearnAboutIslam: http://www.learnaboutislam.co.uk/2016/01/18/al-mandhomah-al-bayqooniyah/
The English translation of the hadiths and all the audio are available on: www.learnaboutislam.co.uk/bukhari
Recorded at the Salafi Centre of Manchester on 20/08/17 and streamed live on www.SunnahRadio.Net