Ustadh Abu Humayd began the fourth lesson in the Ramadan series with a reminder and warning to the people not to be from those who turn back to their disobedient lifestyles after Ramadan, forgetting Allaah and thus become from those who forgot themselves.
He then began to take benefits from a book of Shaykh Ibn Uthaymeen based on some of his sittings during Ramadhan. From these benefits are:
• A discussion of the virtues and blessings of Laylatul Qadr and its meaning
• The Shaykh extracts some virtues of this night from Surat Al Qadr and likewise from the Sunnah of the Prophet Alayhis Salaatu Was Salaam.
• When is Laylatul Qadr? Ahaadeeth are mentioned regarding when the Prophet Sallallaahu Alayhi Wa Sallam commanded the companions to seek it out. Although Shaykh Uthaymeen clarifies that Laylatul Qadr is not restricted to a specific night in all years. Rather it moves from year to year.
• The wisdom behind Allaah hiding the knowledge of when Laylatul Qadr is.
• The signs of Laylatul Qadr.
• The actions of the Prophet Sallallaahu Alayhi Wa Sallam in the last 10 nights
• An encouragement upon taking advantage of the last 10 nights in trying to reach Laylatul Qadr.
• A discussion of I’tikaaf, its meaning and some rulings regarding it.
For all of this and more details, listen to the audio, BaarakAllaahu Feekum.