In this lesson, Ustadh Abu Humayd Saalim completed the chapter “Description of the Wudhu”. He began with a recap of the manner of making wudhoo, and the dua made after completing wudhoo.
Some of the affairs discussed in this lesson were:
- The relevance of making supplication after wudhoo, which is to combine both physical and spiritual purity.
- It is permissible to dry the body parts washed for wudhoo with a towel or through other means. Shaykh Uthaymeen says the proof of the permissibility of drying oneself is the absence of a proof prohibiting it.
- Every Muslim must know that every body part which is prescribed to be washed in wudhoo, must be washed thoroughly.
- The Prophet Sallallaahu Alayhi Wa Sallam said: “Woe to the heels (which are not washed) in the fire”.
- The perfection of wudhoo is not to use excessive water, rather it is to ensure water reaches all parts of the organ being washed without being excessive and wasting water.
- Excessiveness use of water has detestable consequences such as:
- Incomplete purification.
- Excessive in worship.
- Insinuation in purification
For more details of the lesson, listen to the audio BaarakAllaahu Feekum.