Chapter 7: The Statement of Allah: ” It is He Who has created the heavens and the earth in truth”. (Al-An’am 6:73)
Today we covered:
- The Tawheed of ruboobiyyah
Explanation by Shaykh ibn Uthaymeen:
- Allah created the heavens and the earth in Truth (he truly created it) and it was done with a true purpose.
- To create – meaning to cause to be from non-existence.
- In how many days did Allah create the heavens and the earth?
- What are the lessons we can take from this?
Hadith 1: narrated by ibn ‘Abbas:
The Prophet used to invoke Allah at night, saying, “O Allah: All the Praises are for You: You are the Lord of the Heavens and the Earth. All the Praises are for You; You are the Maintainer of the Heaven and the Earth and whatever is in them. All the Praises are for You; You are the Light of the Heavens and the Earth. Your Word is the Truth, and Your Promise is the Truth, and the Meeting with You is the Truth, and Paradise is the Truth, and the (Hell) Fire is the Truth, and the Hour is the Truth. O Allah! I surrender myself to You, and I believe in You and I depend upon You, and I repent to You and with You (Your evidences) I stand against my opponents, and to you I leave the judgment (for those who refuse my message). O Allah! Forgive me my sins that I did in the past or will do in the future, and also the sins I did in secret or in public. You are my only God (Whom I worship) and there is no other God for me (i.e. I worship none but You).”
Hadith 2: Narrated by Sufyan:
(regarding the above narration) that the Prophet added, “You are the Truth, and Your Word is the Truth.”
- We went through the narrators of the hadith, their names and biographies
- The hadith starts with praise of Allah
- What does Rubb mean? What / who are the ‘Aalimeen?
- We go through the full explanation of each phrase in the above dua.
- What is the ruling on wearing a talisman or “ta’weez”?
- The phrase “I’m depending on you” what do the scholars say about it?
Next week: The attributes of Allah of hearing and seeing
Benefit: To gain further understanding when we discuss the chains, follow our “Bayqooniyyah in the Sciences of Hadith” lessons on LearnAboutIslam: http://www.learnaboutislam.co.uk/2016/01/18/al-mandhomah-al-bayqooniyah/
The English translation of the hadiths and all previous audio are available on: www.learnaboutislam.co.uk/bukhari
Recorded at the Salafi Centre of Manchester on 25/02/17 and streamed live on www.SunnahRadio.Net