Conference – What Does It Mean To Be A Muslim | Rayaan Barker and Abu Humayd Saalim Ahmed | Manchester
This is the second of two talks held at the Central Manchester Dawah Event in South Manchester on Friday 14th of April 2017.
Ustadh Abu Humayd discusses;
• From the Sunnah of Allaah was to send Prophets and Messengers from the beginning of time with guidance for the people to follow.
• The call that the Prophets and Messengers were all sent with, generally (To worship Allaah alone) and sometimes specifically (exactly what they said).
• The claim of the Christians that Allaah is one of 3 and the falsity of this claim.
• The fact that the origin (the “Usool”) of this world was Tawhid and it was Shirk that entered upon it (the “Dukhool”).
• After Isa Alayhis Salaam left his people, they soon fell into shirk. They went into extremes with their priests and righteous men. The same has happened in our Ummah.
• We affirm that there are allies of Allaah but we do not worship them.
• The Quran brings absolute clarity, unlike the Bible.
• Where salvations lies (The two testifications of faith).
• The fact that some of the people proclaiming Islam have fallen into shirk, worshipping the Prophet Alayhis Salaatu was Salaam, whilst simultaneously refuting the Christians for refuting Isa Alayhis Salaam!
• The reality of this Ummah splitting into sects, and what the Prophet Alayhis Salaatu was Salaam advised us with in order to be from the saved sect.
• The importance of clinging to the understanding of the companions of the Prophet Alayhis Salaatu was Salaam.
• The people of innovation will be prevented from drinking from the Pond (Hawdh) on the Day of Ressurection.
• The Prophet Alayhis Salaatu Was Salaam was sent as a mercy to mankind, however, when it came to the religion of Allaah and those who tried to change it, then you find that he was stern against them and would not except or allow change to the Message.